Thursday, January 7, 2010

Book Review


It’s that time again, I just finished another book by Tatiana De Rosnay called Sarah’s Key. De Rosnay recounts the story of a young girl and her family who was torn from her Parisian home in the early morning hours of July 16, 1942 by the French police who were acting under the orders of the German Gestapo. Over thirteen thousand Parisian Jews were either sent to the camp at Drancy or to a huge indoor stadium in Paris known as the Vélodrome d’Hiver. These people were held for days before they were shipped off to camps and later to Auschwitz. The novel explores the problems that arise when bringing up secrets from the past, as well as the importance of remembering what happened so many years ago. This is a pretty quick read and I would highly recommend it! If anyone reads this, let me know what you think, I would love to talk about it!

Moving along. So me and a good buddy of mine went shopping yesterday and found some sweet after Christmas sales! Between Target and Hobby Lobby I got some SWEET stuff for 90% off. I got some fake snow for 20 cents and this really cute word thing (I don’t know what else to call it) for 2 dollars. The rest I got from my Nana, so I spent a whopping $2.30 for this cute winter decoration that I put above my fireplace. (Sorry the picture is such poor quality, I just wanted to get a quick shot on my phone!)

3 comments:

  1. Is there a website for his show? Those sound good and I'm always looking for good and healthy recipes. I also LOVE "Stranger Than Fiction" probably because I sometimes narrate my own life in my head...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to post that below. Love your decoration! Please come to my house! I want to read this. In highschool I loved WWII novels- heartwrenching! You still need to read Hunger Games because I see you as the main charater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love it! You have such a great eye for how to put things together. The fake snow in the jars is my favorite. I like it a lot better than the real stuff outside. :)

    ReplyDelete