Thursday, November 19, 2009

New Project

I am still working on my coffee table, which I am beginning to think might be slightly evil, but I have accomplished several things for which I am proud. One, all of the painting in the house is complete, (I know I already said this, but it was a big job and I am happy that it is over), Jay/Bob Villa built some shelves for our entertainment center, and I pretty much have all of my pictures hung.

So besides the continual work that I have to do on the coffee table, it is time to get painting. On an earlier post I put up a picture of a painting I want to work on, which I still do, but I have another that is going to supersede it for now, (because I am getting paid to do it!) The painting is going to be a still life consisting of a bowl of fruit. At first this did not sound overly interesting, but I took some pictures yesterday and they came out pretty good. The picture I am posting here is nice because it is a fairly dynamic picture of the fruit, and compositionally (I know this is not a really word p.s.)it is well put together. I love the light and how it brings this drama to the picture, yet it maintains a certain level of serenity. I was showing my Mom these pictures and she informed me that she now wants one and that I should do a series, which I might to depending how this translates into a painting. I think this would be a great candidate for oil pastels as well. I am really excited to get working on it, and I think it would make for a good photographic print as well!!!

I also wanted to post one other picture. I went shopping last week with darling Jennifer and I was pretty proud of my purchases so I took a picture of the loot, (I acknowledge here that I totally ripped this idea off of her, and you should check out her blog which is castlerockcouponqueen.blogspot.com, which is also listed in my blog roll.
Not pictured are 4 whole chickens that I bought at 68 cents a pound as well as about 10 pounds of ground beef!

One may notice a correlation in these pictures, and that would because I took them all in my kitchen on my island. I have to say that is one of my favorite spots in the house! Sneak peak... I am planning to put a very rustic chandelier in there!

2 comments:

  1. Holy Produce Batman!!! It is funny how much there is when you lay it all out. You are doing so awesome! I am going to get the post up about your trip on my blog tomorrow. :) I cant wait to see how this painting turns out. I may be putting my order in for one too.lol. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the fruit picture! (If I can afford you) I would love that painting (or one in the series) in my dining area of my kitchen. You rock Rach. Also, in just s few short weeks you have accomplished decorating beyond my home of three plus years. Not that I expected anything less.

    ReplyDelete