Thursday, November 12, 2009

Insane in the membrane

How to begin this one... if Hell was a weekend activity that would never end, that is what we did last weekend. After my last post about being more productive, I seemed to have taken that a little too literally and went to the max! We painted our entire house... literally every available wall that was not the ceiling. So I am going to post pictures of our ridiculous adventure. We finished this up on Tuesday with our now lovely downstairs bathroom. Our house still smells painty, but I take strong chemical smell over nasty guy left-overs. Serious rant for a second here... what is with guys and their dirtiness? How do walls turn black and smell like sewage when they are around them? Why do they think it is ok to shoot bee bee's into the ceiling and wipe boogers on the wall? And what is that thing on the bathroom floor? Painting was a necessity to say the least! Alright, it's picture time.




It's ladder time! Yeah Jay spent most of Saturday on this scary, scary ladder; honestly my hands got sweaty just watching him up there!





This is the same, but you get a better feel for the scale, he was doing the tallest part of the vaulted wall! YIKES! He did write J Heart (the symbol) R, which was adorable since he was risking his life so I could decorate! Priorities!





This is about 1 AM in the stairwell... I like how he looks like he is glowing... I didn't realize he could do that!





This was also late, it is my Buddah picture. I was painting with our roller extender thing which we nicknamed "Extenze" ;). Anyway, this glob of paint soared down toward my face and landed right between my eyes! Awesome eh?





This was about the time was working on the stairs. This room was about half done! p.s I know these pictures aren't great, I couldn't find our good camera so I used good old celly.





I would like to introduce you to Papa Christmas! Enough said.





This won "Best Kiss" at the Academy Awards. This is touchup Sunday! I don't know why we look so dumb... but I am wearing a trucker hat so there you go!

ref="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgdMFVPPBBiPOD1xIdpLKcRG7lnFchSwiLG4DKJd9Ql8bLRLi1EBM3drP_GTlonyvXjnG6IEWE-_53-fQQzjmH3nV4s25KwAL0aTdqQ1rqIERnFrfwMS3U6H98aiurzTxmP-19sOgHrXQaX/s1600-h/painting9.jpg">


Tuesday... last room here, this is the downstairs bathroom. The back wall is brown ( I thought that would be appropriate for a bathroom) and the side walls are blue like my kitchen!





Another view.


So I am now decorating the place, and once I am done I am going to try to take some decent pictures and post them on here, so patience por favor! I just can't tell you how happy I am this is over!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are almost done! You are a rockstar! I cant wait to see how you decorate. I need some more inspiration.

    PS. I love the kissy picture...HILLARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!!! I especially like your budda and Jay's soul patch. The colors are exquisite as are you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Beck you are too sweet! I need to take some better pictures of the house now that it is all put together!

    ReplyDelete